Problem sets: 30%; Midterm Exam: 35%; Final Exam: 35%
Homework will be assigned once every week or once every two weeks,
depending on the amount and
length of the problems.
- Formal Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Spaces
- Bound States of Central Potentials
- Angular Momentum and Rotational Invariance
- Perturbation Theory
Lecture notes are available on-line.
It is expected that students will review the relevant sections
in the textbook or the additional references in conjunction with these
Please arrange to obtain computer access either on helios, plato or the
- Mathematical Methods for Physicists, G.B. Arfken, H.J. Weber
- Methods of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 1, Courant and Hilbert
- Methods of Theoretical Physics, I and II, Morse and Feshbach