asked to follow these guidelines when submitting an abstract for oral
or poster presentation. You may use the MS Word downloadable template
to create your abstract.
1. Abstracts should be no longer than one
(Letter size, 8 X 11 inches) in portrait layout.
2. The title of the abstract should be as
concise as possible and should appear in bold, lower case (except
first letter), centered and 14pt. font.
3. Co-authors in 12pt. font (the
presenting author should be underlined).
4. Affiliations below the authors in
italics, 11pt. font.
5. Main body of text to be justified.
6. 1.25-inch margins left/right; 1-inch
7. Single line spacing throughout except
8. Font size 12pt main body; 14pt. title;
9. Font type Times New Roman.
10. References, denoted by superscript
numbers in the text, should be listed at the bottom as footnotes in
standard AIP format style, including NAMES, JOURNAL, VOLUME, PAGE, and
11. The use of figures and/or graphs is
recommended where this aids the understanding of the text (color
images are allowed, printing color in abstract book may be possible).
12. Abstracts should be sent as an MS
Word document as an email attachment to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words
NSS5-SPSTM2-ABSTRACT-LAST NAME in the subject line (LAST NAME
should be the name of the presenting author).
13. Please include full address and
contact details of both the corresponding and presenting authors in the
email body and indicate whether you prefer an oral or a poster
presentation. Please include:
• Presenting author’s contact
• Corresponding author’s contact information
• Oral or poster presentation preference
14. Please try not to exceed 2MB file
size in your submission.
BACK TO TOP