This figure shows the analyzing power differences in elastic np scattering
measured at TRIUMF [1,2] and IUCF .
The solid error bars reflect the statistical
uncertainty and the dashed extensions the statistical and systematic
uncertainties added in quadrature.
The calculations are by Iqbal and Niskanen  and Holzenkamp, Holinde,
and Thomas . The short dashed lines () are when only the
electromagnetic contribution due to one photon exchange is considered;
when the contribution due to the np mass difference in one boson exchange is
included these calculations give values shown by the long dashed lines
(, , and ). Including the contribution due to the
exchange of a
mixed meson are gives the solid lines
(, , , and ). Clearly these models
require the inclusion of mixing to describe the data at 183
- R. Abegg, et al. , Phys. Rev. Let. 56, 2571 (1986);
Phys. Rev. D 39, 2464 (1989).
- R. Abegg, et al. , Phys. Rev. Let. 75, 1711 (1995).
- S.E. Vigdor, et al. , Phys. Rev. C 46, 410 (1992).
- M.J. Iqbal and J.A. Niskanen, Phys. Rev. C 38, 2259
- B. Holzenkamp, K. Holinde, and G.A. Miller, Phys. Lett. B
195, 121 (1987).
Allena K. Opper's research page
Allena K. Opper's homepage
Ohio University Physics Department
Richard T. Waters
28 August 1996